week 6 - Electronics Design : Local Session#
- Authors :
- Created :
2/21/2019, Last Update:
Assignments & Goal#
- Use the test equipment in your lab to observe the operation of a microcontroller circuit board
- design a development board to interact and communicate with an embedded microcontroller
- extra credit: try another design workflow
- extra credit: make a case for it
- extra credit: simulate its operation
- Select and use software for Printed Circuit Board Design
- Demonstrate workflows used in circuit board design
- Linked to the group assignment page
- Documented what you have learned in electronics design
- Explained problems and how you fixed them.
- Included original design files (Eagle, KiCad, etc.)
- Included a ‘hero shot’
Refer to Assessment page
Advice from Instructors#
- Design your own design instead of tracing Neil’s sample as is.
- Try different tools if possible
Use the ISP created by Electric production to write the test program, check its operation, and take hero shots
- Produce a breakout board for the microcontroller chip you want to used in your Final Project
How to use KiCAD#
Recommendation for 2023 is to use KiCad and SVG-PCB.
- Tutorial for KiCad 5 by Jun-san
- KiCad 6 Video Walk-through by Neil
- Tutorial for KiCad 6 by Jun-san
How to use SVG-PCB#
- https://pcb.fabcloud.io/, SVG-PCB Home, Development Page
- SVG-PCB: a web-based bidirectional electronics board editor, Paper by Leo McElroy, Quentin Bolsée, Nadya Peek, Neil Gershenfeld
- SVG-PCB Tutorial at Open Time 2023 by Rico (TBA)
How to use EAGLE#
- Install Fabacademy library in your EAGLE.
- Install Atmel Library
- Eagle Tutorial(English)
How to use
mods is a web-based node editor for general image processing and - amongst many other things - preparing cut-files for PCB board production.
Mods interface takes some time to get used to.
- Mods Tutorial, English
- https://mods.cba.mit.edu Neil’s development page
- https://modsproject.org, Public Mods Project, (Code)[https://gitlab.fabcloud.org/pub/project/mods] on GitLab
Group Assignment Example#
- FabAcademy 2022 Kuriyama, Indonesia
- FabAcademy 2021 Kamakura
- FabAcademy 2020 Kamakura
- FabAcademy 2019 Kamakura
- FabAcademy2018 Kamakura
You can either use of the XIAOs or any other MCU (ATtiny 412, ATting 3216, SAMD21) * Adrian Torres made a very nice Fab-XIAO board. Use it as an inspriation, but don’t just copy his files.
echo hello board resources for ATtiny 44 (obsolete)#
- echo hello borad
- sample circuit(NO led and button)
- C code for echohelloboard
- Makefile for echohellobarad
- bash command for programming
- 講師：山本修さん（Fablab Kamakura）